Monday, December 14, 2009

HERMIT MODE

I've never done this for a long time. This is one of the things I missed with myself –a home buddy.

Last weekend, since none of my friends invited me to have a dose of caffeine and nicotine at the nearby coffee shop, I decided to stay home for a change.

Friday night, before I went home from the office, I did some groceries for my cooking session for Saturday. I bought pasta, chicken breasts, ranch dressing, tomatoes, carrots, peas, parmesan, a griller, and a pan. Whew! I'm really getting serious with this home cooking. I also bought a nice red wine to match the pasta mi favorito.

It was six in the morning when my music player alarmed and started playing Love Bug by the Jonas Brothers. It's the start of a lovely and lazy weekend.

Since I'm alone in my pad, I did some sort of house cleaning first. I have to make sure that my tiny little abode is squeaky clean. I arranged my stuffs and laundry, threw the trashes into the dust bin, cleaned my cupboard and looked if there's a canned good for breakfast. Err, found nothing.

While my music player is shuffling all my favorite mp3's, I still managed to do the laundry and clean the shower area. The fresh pine scent of the shower area will be definitely a good quickie place (pun intended). Ha ha ha!

When I'm done with all my weekend chores, I started to cook my favorite dish. Dice, chop, slice, simmer, grill, sauté. Ohh, the scent of the melted butter was a delight. I really enjoyed my cooking session and the food, of course. Too bad, no one shared with me.

I spent the rest of the day reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I missed this favorite.

Sunday, since no plans still, I got an idea - to try out my new home speaker. I went out to buy some pirated dvds at the nearby shop. I bought 3 chick flicks actually. I want to feel to be in a movie house with all that sounds and be an emo for the day. Success! I cried a lot. Haha!

Before the day ended, I went to hear the mass to thank Him for a wonderful year. It was a helluva roller coaster ride but it's fun!

And hey, I'm planning to cook another dish again this weekend before flying home. I want to know if my pasta really tastes good or awful. Maybe, I should invite this cute guy I met at the plane on my way back home. LOL!

Ahhh, the best things in life comes unexpected like now. And I'm not rushing to have this as my boyfriend even though that Christmas is fast approaching. I'm still getting pleasure from being single and a hermit during weekends.

4 comments:

itsMePeriod said...

pareho tayo ng nararamdaman. sa katunayan, sa tuwing nagluluto ako, hindi ko maiwasang hindi mapaisip kung anong pakiramdam kung mayruon akong kasamang lumalasap ng aking niluto

(sana naglagay ka ng picture ng luto mo...hehehe)

buboy said...

@anteros' dominion: i'll post one next week. I messed up kasi dun sa niluto ko. sabog ang pasta, I need to try it again to make it picture perfect. he he! ;-)

Anonymous said...

"The fresh pine scent of the shower area will be definitely a good quickie place"

parang gusto ko makita yan lol
anyway, I like American Gods too

the geek said...

you are not rushing but please be aware of the Christmas rush...

it often is unexpected...


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchiThings.Com - House Design Plans